Social Media Messaging on Saving Energy to Help Prevent Power Outage
● Over the next week, California and the rest of the West Coast will face a historic heatwave that will put pressure on our energy grid.
● In order to avoid electricity shortages, states like California are asking businesses and residents to reduce energy usage in order to prevent service interruptions.
● It’s especially important to limit energy usage from 3 pm to 10 pm, especially air conditioning, electric car charging and other energy intensive technology. Over cool your home overnight and in the morning in order to stay cool all day.
● Sign up to receive Flex Alert notifications from your utility provider to help California conserve energy during times of grid stress.
Three things you can do to help prevent power outages during this heatwave: Pre-cool your home at 72° overnight & in the morning
Turn your A/C to 78° or higher from 3-10pm
Avoid major appliance use from 3-10pm
Learn more flexalert.org
California’s heatwave is expected to last all week! To avoid power outages, we have to do our part NOW to save energy. Pre-cool your home overnight and in the early morning at 72° and, from 3-10pm, set your A/C at 78° or higher and avoid using major appliances. Sign up for alerts here: flexalert.org
The more we limit our energy use now, the less likely power outages this week are. Do your part: from 3-10pm avoid using major appliances and set your thermostat to 78° or higher. Sign up for alerts here: flexalert.org
California is in a historic heatwave and we all need to do our part to reduce energy usage to prevent service interruptions!
• Set your A/C at 78° or higher
• Avoid major appliance use
• Turn off unnecessary lights
We’re having a heatwave and it’s putting pressure on California’s energy grid. It’s critical to limit energy usage from 3-10pm to help prevent service interruptions. Sign up for Flex Alerts & learn more here: flexalert.org
CA is expecting record heat over the next week and we must limit energy use to help prevent power outages. Pre-cool homes overnight at 72° then set your A/C at 78° or higher after 3pm. Use major appliances before 3:00pm. Learn more here: flexalert.org
When temps rise, our energy usage should stay low. It’s critical that we all do our part early to avoid power outages.
Pre-cool your home in off-hours. Keep the thermostat at 78° and avoid major appliance use from 3-10pm.
Learn more flexalert.org